Ajay Gogna has broad experience regarding qualified plans, nonqualified plans and health and welfare benefit plans. He has designed, implemented and interpreted insured and self-insured group health plans, disability plans, retiree medical plans, severance plans, cafeteria plans, health savings accounts, health reimbursement arrangements, dependent care assistance and fringe benefits. His experience has allowed him to:
- Draft HIPAA policies and procedures, HIPAA privacy notices and COBRA election notices, creditable coverage, CHIP, and other annual health plan notices
- Provide counsel on issues involving health and welfare plans, PPACA, HIPAA and COBRA
- Provide counsel with regard to filing Forms 1094/95-B,-C for purposes of PPACA information reporting
- Review and revise summary plan descriptions and summary of benefits and coverage for annual legal updates.
Additionally, Ajay handles aspects ranging from design, submission, implementation, merger, termination and interpretation of 401(k) plans, pension plans, profit sharing plans, cash balance plans, multi-employer plans and ESOPs.
He provides counsel regarding plan qualification, eligibility, vesting, contributions, distributions, loans, investments, fiduciary issues including prohibited transactions, taxation issues and ERISA implications.
Ajay has drafted plan amendments, restatements, summary plan descriptions, summaries of material modification, benefit claims and appeal determination letters and other employee communications, as well as drafted and prepared IRS EPCRS submissions for filing.
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2012
- B.S., Drexel University, 2008
- LL.M. Taxation and Employee Benefits Certificate, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
Professional & Community Affiliations : Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$