Alamea Deedee Bitran is an attorney in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen, where she is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Deedee represents employers, business owners and developers. While in law school, she served as a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Ivan F. Fernandez in the Third District Court of Appeal and as an Articles Editor on the FIU Law Review.
She also served as a Legal Research Assistant to Professor Kerri Stone, where she researched and contributed to articles on employment discrimination and harassment. Prior to attending law school, Deedee was an Academic Advisor at the University of Maryland College Park and taught a seminar.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners, selected to provide professional services for the preparation and scoring of the General Bar Examination
- Executive Board Member, Florida Chapter of the Zionist Organization of America (2016 – 2018)
- Women’s International Zionist Organization, Membership Outreach (2016-Present)
- Broward County Bar Association (2016- Present)
- President, FIU Employment & Labor Law Society (2014 – 2016)
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- Jackson Lewis P.C. Fellow
- FIU Law Board of Advocates Appellate Moot Court Team
- Book Awards: (1) Employment Discrimination, (2) Employment Law, (3) Medical Malpractice, (4) Florida Law and Procedure, (5) Focused Topics in Employment Discrimination Seminar
- University of Florida, B.S., Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, summa cum laude, 2012
Rate : $$$