Alan C. Nash (A.C.) Nash focuses his practice on the defense of claims made and suits brought against insureds and businesses in product, automobile, commercial, liquor liability, construction and premises liability matters.
A.C.’s public sector and municipality practice encompasses the representation of municipalities and law enforcement agencies in issues concerning federal and state civil rights cases involving false arrest, malicious prosecution and excessive force.
Prior to joining Marshall Dennehey, A.C. was a trial litigation associate for a Fort Lauderdale-based law enforcement and municipal defense law firm, whose practice was established over 30 years ago.
While at this firm, he was able to expand his trial experience. Working closely with the managing partner, A.C. was instrumental in defending law enforcement and municipal clients in civil rights cases in state and federal courts throughout Florida.
In 2007, A.C. graduated from the Florida State University College of Law, earning his juris doctor. Prior to graduation, he gained practical criminal trial experience serving as a certified legal intern for the Second Judicial Circuit of Florida.
In this capacity, he tried approximately 40 jury and non-jury misdemeanor and felony criminal trials. While in law school, A.C. was a member and coach of the Mock Trial Team, served as a student ambassador and traveling recruiter for the law school, was appointed to the Dean’s Cabinet and was the 5th Circuit American Bar Association Governor.
A South Florida native, A.C. graduated early from the University of Florida, where he majored in public relations. Prior to entering law school, A.C. worked for an established Miami-based public relations firm where he was responsible for several state and national accounts which garnered nationwide recognition. He was later recruited by two Fortune 100 companies to manage, prepare and execute advertising and marketing programs targeting areas of South Florida.
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., 2007)
- University of Florida (B.S., 2003)
- Florida, 2007
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2008
Associations & Memberships:
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- DRI – Diversity for Success Seminar and Expo, Expo Chair 2016 – Present
- DRI – Diversity for Success Seminar and Expo Marketing Chair, 2013 – 2015
- DRI – Diversity Committee Chair to the Marketing Subcommittee
- DRI – Diversity Committee Liaison to the Aviation Law Committee
- Florida Association of Police Attorneys, 2010
Rate : $$$