Alan Lieberman is Chair of the firm’s seven-person Management Committee and acts as the firm’s Managing Partner.
Alan’s practice involves counseling clients on matters involving international, federal, state and local taxation, and representing them in tax-related disputes in administrative and court proceedings.
In addition, Alan represents clients in the formation, reorganization, and liquidation of business entities and tax-exempt organizations. He also represents corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships in governance matters and business transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Alan additionally represents clients in the waste and power generation industry in the development, financing and operation of resource recovery facilities, power generation projects, recycling facilities, transfer stations and solid waste disposal and treatment facilities.
Alan co-authored, with the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, Connecticut corporation business tax provisions governing the taxation of financial service entities, and administrative pronouncements explaining the provisions.
He also is the editor of the publication, “Taxes on Connecticut Business & Industry”, published by the Connecticut Business & Industry Association.
- American Bar Association: Taxation Section; Business Law Section
- Connecticut Bar Association: Executive Committee, Taxation Section; Executive Committee, Business Law Section
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Business and Industry Association: Standing Tax Committee
- Hartford Tax Club: President (1996-1997)
- Internal Revenue Service Key District Exempt Organization Liaison Group
- MetroHartford Chamber of Commerce: Tax Policies Committee
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants: State Taxation Committee
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1982, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Yale College, B.A., 1978, cum laude
Rate : $$$