Mr. Alan Tannenbaum spent his early career with the Becker Poliakoff law firm in Miami Beach and Ft. Lauderdale, where he primarily represented condominium and homeowner associations in construction defect matters.
In 1983, as a partner of the firm, he was relocated to Sarasota to head west coast operations for the firm. For the next 12 years, he represented condominium and homeowner associations throughout Southwest Florida and Tampa Bay in construction defect matters.
He also represented developers in selected matters, defended architects and engineers in professional negligence cases, represented Charlotte County as special counsel in a major incinerator permitting dispute and took on a variety of construction, real estate, commercial and personal injury cases.
Beginning in the early 1990s, Mr. Tannenbaum participated in a program sponsored by the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce and the University of North Florida that brought Czech and Slovak business people and government officials to Florida to receive education and orientation to the market economy.
For seven years, Mr. Tannenbaum, working with local governments and chambers of commerce, hosted more than 100 Czech and Slovak participants in the program, many of whom prospered during the succeeding years as the Czech and Slovak economies flourished.
In 1995, Mr. Tannenbaum broke from Becker Poliakoff, forming Levin Tannenbaum in Sarasota. He continued his representation of condominium and homeowner associations throughout Southwest Florida and Tampa Bay, governmental entities and single-family homeowners’ in construction disputes as well handled a variety of construction, commercial, real estate and personal injury cases.
Mr. Tannenbaum is a member of the Trial Practice and Real Estate and Trust Sections of the Florida Bar. Within the Real Estate and Trust Section, he serves on the Construction Law Committee.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, J.D. – 1978
- University of Miami, Miami, Florida, B.A. – 1975
- Florida, 1978
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar, Member, Real Property American Probate Section, 1982 – 1988
- Florida Bar, Trial Practice section, Member
- Florida Bar, Real Estate and Trust Section, Member
- Florida Bar, Real Estate and Trust Section, Construction Law Committee
- Florida Bar, Member, 1978 – Present
Rate : $$$$