Alan Galloway focuses his practice on telecommunications and technology. He assists national and regional communications and technology clients with regulatory compliance, state and federal agency proceedings, work with municipal governments, and in litigation.
Alan assists clients with both traditional regulatory work and novel issues connected to new communications technologies, artificial intelligence, and connected cars.
In addition to his work in the telecommunications and media sectors, Alan brings a strong background in technology and intellectual property to his practice. He has experience negotiating agreements for large technology companies to expand access to data centers around the world.
In addition, Alan is a former software developer with a deep interest in AI, autonomous vehicles, and robotics. He has litigated software development disputes and disputes concerning software patents.
- Legal Intern, Electronic Frontier Foundation, San Francisco
- Summer Associate, Day Casebeer Madrid & Batchelder, Cupertino, Calif.
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Jeremy Fogel, U.S. District Court, San Jose, Calif.
- Senior Programmer/Analyst, Openwave Systems, Redwood City, Calif.
- Manager/Software Engineer, Knight Ridder Digital, San Jose, Calif.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chair, Oregon State Bar Energy, Telecom & Utility Law Section, 2017
- Chair, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Commercial Practice Group, 2016
- Board Member; Youth, Rights, and Justice, 2015-present
- Co-chair, Multnomah Bar Association Equality & Diversity Committee, 2013-2014
- Volunteer Legal Counselor, East Bay Workers’ Rights Clinic, 2005-2006
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2008
- Certificate in Law & Technology, Berkeley Center for Law and Technology, 2008
- John Stauffer Memorial Merit Scholarship
- Jurisprudence Award (first in class): Constitutional Law, 2007; Contract Theory, 2006; Contracts, 2005
- Senior Annual Review Editor & Submissions Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal
- Ph.D., Philosophy, Duke University, 2002
- B.A., Philosophy, Whittier College, 1994, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$