Alan L. Laves practice encompasses debt offerings, secured lending, debt restructurings and other finance transactions. He represents issuers, underwriters, bondholders, private placement investors and trustees in connection with issuances of high-yield and investment-grade corporate debt securities in public offerings, Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings, private placements and restructuring transactions.
In addition, he represents borrowers and lenders in connection with senior secured credit facilities, second-lien and subordinated loans, and other finance transactions of all types and sizes. His experience with debt restructurings includes numerous restructurings of secured and unsecured debt securities and loans, both in and outside of bankruptcy. Alan’s experience spans a broad range of industries and includes domestic and foreign companies.
- Focuses on corporate and transactional matters.
- Co-heads the firm’s debt finance practice.
- Represented a leading international motion picture exhibitor in a $1.3 billion secured credit facility and a $200 million offering of senior subordinated high-yield notes.
- Arranged a $100 million issuance of third-lien payment-in-kind (PIK) toggle notes by an international automotive parts manufacturer as part of a prepackaged plan of reorganization under chapter 11.
- Assisted an international energy company in a $120 million subordinated loan and the related restructuring of $780 million of existing first-lien, second-lien and holding-company credit facilities.
- Secured a $1.6 billion unsecured credit facility, a $500 million offering of senior high-yield notes, and a $700 million offering of convertible notes, on behalf of an international marketing company.
- Represented a domestic manufacturer with regard to a $350 million secured term loan as part of a dividend recapitalization transaction.
- IFLR 1000 US – Banking and Capital Markets: Debt,
- Chambers USA, 2008 to 2012.
- The Legal 500 US,
Rate : $$$