Alan Lee Smith represents banks, financial institutions and asset-based lenders in enforcing loan obligations, primarily in the context of loan workout, receivership, foreclosure and bankruptcy. Alan is a shareholder in the Jackson office, and has significant commercial and bankruptcy litigation experience, including preference, fraudulent conveyance, Uniform Commercial Code and real property issues.
His general litigation experience includes multiple jury and non-jury trials addressing commercial matters such as breach of contract, misrepresentation, omission and breach of fiduciary duty. Alan has served as a law clerk to the Mississippi Court of Appeals, and he is licensed in both Mississippi and Alabama.
- University of Mississippi, BBA, 1993
- University of Mississippi School of Law, JD, 1996
- Mississippi, 1996
- Alabama, 1997
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Mississippi and Alabama Bar Associations
- Member – American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member – Mississippi Bankruptcy Conference
- Member – Mississippi Bankers Association
Rate : $$$