Alan J. Marcuis represents management in complex labor and employment law matters, including contract, trade secret and post-employment restrictive covenants, EEO litigation, collective bargaining and labor relations.
At Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, Alan serves as co-head of the Unfair Competition & Information Task Force and Hiring Partner for the firm’s Texas offices. He is a contributing author to the the firm’s Employment & Labor Perspectives blog.
Alan is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the United States District Court: for the Northern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, Eastern District of Texas and Northern District of Oklahoma.
- Extensive experience litigating trade secret and nondisclosure matters arising from employment and fiduciary relationships, including protection of intellectual property and other proprietary information.
- Defense of businesses in state and federal courts and in arbitrations against employment claims, such as breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful discharge under state and federal EEO laws.
- Regularly engaged in transactional matters for publicly traded and privately held businesses to create employment and contractor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and compensation plans.
- Negotiation of executive employment and compensation agreements in a wide variety of industries, including financial, insurance, construction, technology, utilities, hospitality and health care.
- Substantial experience in traditional labor matters, including collective bargaining, negotiation and strategy, union avoidance and matters before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Counsels clients regularly on labor and employment issues fundamental to mergers and acquisitions.
- JD, SMU Dedman School of Law, 1998
- Visiting Scholar, Queen Mary & Westfield College, London, 1997
- BA, The University of Texas, 1994
- Member, Sections of Labor and Employment Law, American Bar Association
- Member, Sections of Labor and Employment Law, Dallas Bar Associations
Rate : $$$