Alan H. Martin is a partner and Practice Group Leader of the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group and specializes in commercial finance law, corporate restructuring, asset acquisition and disposition, bankruptcy, workouts, enforcement of creditors rights and remedies, and related commercial litigation.
Mr. Martin’s expertise includes extensive work in bankruptcy and state courts, as well as structured finance documentation in domestic and international matters. Mr. Martin’s experience includes knowledge of the commercial real estate, healthcare, food and beverage, retail, manufacturing, hospitality, and recreation industries.
He also represents special servicers, creditors committees, secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, landlords, federal receivers, equipment lessors and debtors, along with various parties in municipal restructurings.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1987
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1984, high honors
- U.S. District Courts for Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Represented the Catholic Diocese of Orange in the successful, contested acquisition of the Crystal Cathedral site and 30 acre campus from the Chapter 11 estate of the Crystal Cathedral Ministries.
- Represented creditors committee and subcommittee in Chapter 9 municipal insolvency proceedings of the County of Orange, California.
- Represented health care lenders concerning loan workouts, receiverships and creditor’s rights enforcement of rights and remedies concerning a series of clinic, hospital and senior care locations.
- Represented creditors committee in the Chapter 11 proceedings of large home improvement retailer House2Home, which entailed disposition of extensive inventory and commercial real estate holdings and related issues throughout the Western United States.
- Represented international food and beverage broker/creditor in the federal court receivership of Asian seafood importer.
- Represented equipment lessor in Chapter 11 proceedings of office supply store chain, including successful trial result concerning “true lease” treatment of the agreements concerning the extensive equipment involved.
- Chairman of the Board, Regional Center of Orange County, 2013-present
- Board of Directors, Regional Center of Orange County, 2006-2012; 2013-present
- Member, Pujols Family Foundation – Southern California Advisory Board
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Screening Committee, Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Judgeships for the Central District of California, 1991-1993, 2000
- Former member, Board of Directors, California Bankruptcy Forum, 1997-2000
- Former President, Orange County Chapter of the University of Virginia Alumni Association, 1989-1995
Rate : $$$