Alan I. Model has been representing employers throughout the country in all aspects of labor relations and employment law since 1993. His practice includes : Defending employment discrimination cases, Complying with the National Labor Relations Act, Handling contract negotiations and labor arbitrations, Drafting employment agreements and policies.
In addition, Alan helps to foster positive employee relations and provides management training. He also counsels human resource professionals with regard to day-to-day workplace issues, including : Sexual discrimination, Harassment.
He also assists employers in the development of strategies required for opening new facilities, mergers, relocations, consolidations of existing facilities, acquisitions, subcontracting, reductions-in-force, and drafting and reviewing buy-sell agreements for asset transactions. He has been involved in more than 100 union organizing campaigns on behalf of management.
Alan regularly writes about cutting-edge labor and employment law issues and is a prolific speaker on hiring/firing, sexual harassment, and pro-employee relations, as well as those topics pertaining to construction labor law. He is a member of the firm’s Traditional Labor Law, Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets and Retail and Hospitality practice groups.
Before working at Littler Mendelson, Alan practiced management-side employment and labor law for 13 years and worked for a member of the NLRB.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1993
- B.A., Lafayette College, 1990
- none:3, London School of Economics, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- President, Essex County Bar Association, 2011 and 2012
Rate : $$$