Alan G. Poole is a member of the firm’s Government and Regulatory practice. Alan represents telecommunications carriers, electric utilities, and other clients in a variety of litigation, regulatory, project development, and general transactional matters.
The core of Alan’s practice is to ensure that his clients, which include small private companies, large public companies, and governmental entities, achieve their goals and obtain maximum value while complying with various levels of federal, state, and local regulation.
Alan’s practice focuses on telecommunications and electric utility infrastructure including fiber optic network development, pole attachment agreements, joint use agreements, fiber leases, conduit and duct facilities installation, and other contractual arrangements for infrastructure deployment and maintenance.
Representative Matters :
- Representing a fiber optics infrastructure company in multiple transactions concerning the acquisition and leasing of multi-state fiber optics networks.
- All easement, right-of-way, and other real estate aspects of fiber network development, including the development of a complex yet cost-effective right-of-way analysis and acquisition process covering tens of thousands of parcels as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Drafting, negotiating, and enforcing pole attachment agreements, joint use agreements, and other infrastructure sharing agreements for electric utilities, including management of a complete overhaul of all regulated pole attachment rates and contracts for a multi-state investor-owned utility.
- Advising clients regarding compliance with various FCC regulations, including telecommunications certification and pole attachment regulations, as well as compliance with other utility and infrastructure regulations.
- Representing a public company in multiple state regulatory proceedings regarding the transfer of ownership of a telecommunications carrier subsidiary.
- Representing a telecommunications company in a complex legal action seeking amounts owed under fiber optic network agreements.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Georgia Tech Young Alumni Intown Network: Sponsorship Committee
- Songs for Kids Foundation: Food + Music Fest Committee
- University of Georgia, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2013
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., summa cum laude, 2009
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Superior Court of Georgia
Rate : $$$