Alan C. Turner is a Partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department. He represents financial institutions and other clients in a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters.
- Defending JPMorgan Chase in antitrust class actions alleging manipulation of LIBOR and other benchmark rates;
- Defending and successfully resolving claims against Royal Bank of Scotland in numerous residential mortgage-backed securities litigations pending in courts across the country, including multiple class actions and dozens of individual actions brought by institutional investors such as the Federal Housing Finance Agency. Representations also included matters for Deutsche Bank, UBS, and Wells Fargo;
- For JPMorgan Chase, winning dismissal of Cumulus Media’s breach of contract claims in connection with a proposed debt refinancing;
- Successfully resolving for biologic manufacturer CSL Behring an antitrust class action relating to sales of plasma therapies;
- Defending Virgin Atlantic Airways in antitrust class actions alleging price fixing of passenger and cargo fuel surcharges;
- Winning dismissal for Blackstone of breach of contract claims by Alliance Data Systems in connection with a proposed $8 billion acquisition;
- Representing Travelers in a three-month insurance coverage trial against Warner-Lambert;
- Representing JPMorgan Chase in securities actions relating to Enron’s bankruptcy
Alan also has an active pro bono practice. He represented immigration rights organizations as amici in the U.S. Supreme Court in Hawaii v. Trump and in various lower court travel ban lawsuits. He also supervises immigration asylum cases handled by firm associates in partnership with immigration legal service providers.
Alan joined the Firm in 2000 and became a Partner in 2010. Originally from New Zealand, Alan received a Bachelor of Laws (Honors) and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Auckland in 1996. He received an LL.M. from the University of Chicago Law School in 2000. Prior to his LL.M. studies, Alan was a commercial litigator in New Zealand for three years. In his spare time, he likes to run.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2000 LL.M.
- University of Auckland, 1996 LL.B.
- (Hons.), B. Com.
- New York 2001
- New Zealand 1996
Rate : $$$