Alana T. Sliwinski is a trained litigator and experienced transactional attorney representing private and nonprofit real estate owners and developers in the development, design and construction of commercial and residential projects nationwide.
Alana, an associate in the firm’s construction section in the New York office, counsels real estate owners and developers throughout the development, design, construction and operations of projects nationwide. Her practice involves residential, commercial, office, industrial and hospitality projects.
Alana advises her clients on the formation and execution for these complex construction projects by drafting and negotiating all agreements relating to the development, design, construction and maintenance of the properties.
In addition to her transactional practice, Alana has an extensive litigation background representing clients in state and federal courts, including second-chairing a jury trial, as well as within alternative dispute resolution proceedings and appeals in complex commercial cases.
Alana is also actively involved in the New York real estate community, and she currently serves on the Board of Directors for CREWNY, as its programs chair. She also serves on the Alumni Association Board of Directors of Sarah Lawrence College.
Representative Matters :
- Second-chaired an eight-week jury trial, successfully defending a design professional in tort claims relating to an infrastructure collapse.
- Represents a private real estate owner and developer with a portfolio valued at $10 billion, drafting and negotiating development, design and construction agreements.
- Represents a private real estate owner in the drafting and negotiation of commercial, office and residential contracts for a site that will include approximately 18 million square feet when complete.
- Represented a real estate investment trust in a multi-jurisdictional litigation relating to a failed joint venture involving allegations of fraud and breach of contract.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Board of Directors; Programs Chair (2018-2020); CREW, New York Chapter
- Member, Board of Directors, Sarah Lawrence College Alumni Association (2017-2020)
- American Inn of Court
Professional Experience :
- Research Assistant, New York Law School, 2009-2011
- Law Clerk, Thor Equities, 2010-2011
- Legal Intern to the Honorable Loren Baily-Schiffman, Supreme Court, Civil Term, Brooklyn, New York
- New York Law School, J.D., 2011
- Sarah Lawrence College, B.A., 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey, New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$