Alanna Miller concentrates her practice in intellectual property litigation. She has represented clients in trademark, copyright, and patent litigation matters. Alanna received her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and her Bachelor of Science in media, culture, and communications and economic policy from New York University.
While at Fordham, she was an associate editor of the Fordham International Law Journal and an active member of the Fordham Mediation Clinic.
- Successfully represented Marquee Brands, LLC in connection with a substantial due diligence project culminating in its multi-million dollar acquisition of the outdoor sports and lifestyle brand Dakine, and all related intellectual property. The project involved investigating Dakine’s extensive worldwide trademark and patent portfolio, third-party rights in Europe, employee and contractor intellectual property rights concerning copyright and patent issues in the United States and Europe, as well as data privacy issues.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of Big Ten Network in its defense of a patent infringement case centering on a mobile streaming application through which users can watch Big Ten Conference games on their mobile devices. In granting our motion, the court agreed that there was no literal infringement of the patent at issue and that the plaintiff was estopped from arguing infringement under the doctrine of equivalents. This result was affirmed by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Assisted with the representation of the New York Observer in a protracted trademark dispute. Over the course of a five-year proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), we overcame vigorous opposition to our trademark application, with the TTAB ultimately dismissing the objection to the mark in a detailed decision. We also secured dismissal of a parallel lawsuit filed in federal court against six individuals, including the New York Observer’s high-profile publisher, by the individual who objected to our trademark application.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- New York University, B.S., 2013
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$