Alberto S. Bustamante’s practice encompasses a range of business and real estate transactions, including commercial, industrial, office and retail development, leasing, and sales.
As a complement to his service for clients, Alberto offers counsel with entity structuring, trademark licensing, environmental law, and land use and zoning. His experience provides a balanced understanding of clients’ business needs and practical application to facilitate success in achieving their goals.
A significant portion of his experience has been focused on the restaurant and services industry and on leasing, licensing and franchises. He serves as primary outside counsel to major companies with portfolio asset/unit development, operation and management needs.
- Assists in the representation of an international hotel and restaurant company in general development, business and leasing matters. Services for the client include counsel with regard to new facilities, development, unit operations, land use and zoning, liquor licensing, construction, and leasing. Routinely negotiates leases in prime commercial centers and properties in major cities and entertainment venues throughout the world.
- Represented a major nonprofit client in the development of senior housing funded through state/federal Neighborhood Stabilization Program grants awarded to Osceola County, Florida, as part of a stimulus initiative. Handled all aspects of the project, including governmental procurement, public/private contracting, sophisticated planning, redevelopment of a blighted project, land use, permitting, construction and operations of the facility.
- Represents independent/assisted living senior community developers in Orange, Polk, Sumter and Pinellas counties in the acquisition, land use and development planning for new senior housing facilities. Services include all aspects of business structuring, debt/equity offering, tax-exempt bond financing, development, governmental incentives, lobbying, state grant solicitation and construction.
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association)
- ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers)
- NDAA (National Diocesan Attorneys Association)
- Florida Bar: Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Central Florida Historical Society
- City of Orlando Police Citizens Review Board
- Cuban Cultural Heritage
- Oakland Charter School
- J.D., Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 1993
- B.A., University of South Florida, 1990
Admissions : Florida
Rate : $$$$