Alberto de la Peña heads the Mexico and International Practice Groups and is a member of the Board of Directors of Haynes and Boone. Alberto is licensed to practice law in Mexico, Texas and New York, with more than 23 years of experience in advising companies doing business in Mexico and Latin America.
Alberto is a transactional lawyer with an international litigation background. He has successfully assisted clients in complex projects and legal matters regarding Mexico and Latin America, including, NAFTA related matters, strategic M&A, secured transactions, international funds, energy and infrastructure, antitrust investigations, hospitality, real estate, aviation and maritime law, telecommunications, manufacturing, franchising and distribution, anti-corruption and compliance, data privacy, litigation strategy, workouts and international law.
- LL.M., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2001
- J.D., Escuela Libre de Derecho, 1994, with highest honors
ADMISSIONS : Mexico, New York, Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- University of Houston Center for U.S. and Mexican Law, U.S. Advisory Board Member
- Mexican Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- New York State Bar
- U.S. Mexico Bar Association – Former Board Member
- Joint University of North Texas – Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México Program, Former Advisory Board Member
Rate : $$$