Aldo L. (Al) LaFiandra has more than 25 years of experience in leveraged finance and business reorganizations. He leads the Banking & Finance Practice in the Atlanta Office and represents lenders (primarily lead arrangers) and borrowers in various types of credit arrangements, including cash flow, secured, asset-based, and mezzanine loans.
Most of these transactions are syndicated loans involving multiple tranches of debt and complex intercreditor arrangements and are typically associated with acquisition financings. Al has significant experience in workouts and restructurings of financially distressed loans, where he represents lenders and debtors in complex out-of-court workouts and debt restructurings.
While at his former firm, Al played a vital role in the bankruptcy court-ordered investigation of Enron, by serving as the editor-in-chief for each of the reports filed with the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
Among his many responsibilities, he analyzed complex structured finance transactions, the third-party roles in such transactions, and the corporate governance issues presented by such transactions.
Al is listed as a leading practitioner in many legal publications such as Georgia Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite.” He has written and lectured on numerous topics of interest to the financial community and has served as director and president of the Turnaround Management Association (Atlanta chapter) and a former director of the Association of Certified Turnaround Practitioners (ACTP).
- University of Virginia (J.D. 1989);
- St. John’s University (B.A. summa cum laude 1986)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia and New York
- Leading financial services company arranges loan facility for healthcare services company
- Leading financial services company arranges loan facility for aggregates company
- Leading financial services company amends and restates loan to cable company
- Leading financial services company provides financing to home healthcare company
- Leading financial services company provides revolving credit facility for private equity firm in connection with acquisition
- Chemical company restructures debt
- Administrative agent provides loan facility to lumber retailer
- Ad-hoc committee of bondholders completes manufacturer’s restructuring
- Administrative agent provides loan facility for acquisition of refined petroleum products management company
- Portfolio company in textile industry obtains financing
- Administrative agent provides loan facility for private equity firm
Rate : $$$