Alecia Walters-Hinds is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois. She is a member of the General Liability Practice where her practice areas include premises, motor vehicle (personal and commercial), wrongful deaths, construction, labor law, dram shop, toxic tort, and property damage. She also specializes in the handling of high exposure and catastrophic injuries.
Ms. Walters-Hinds has obtained many defense verdicts and verdicts involving awards of low amounts in cases in Brooklyn, New York, Bronx, Queens, Nassau, and in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. In addition, she has mediated and handled the negotiation of favorable settlements both before and during trial.
She has tried over 100 cases and taken over 50 verdicts. She began her career at the New York City Law Department Corporation Counsel, and then went to one of the largest insurance defense firms in New York. She has handled a lot of high exposure cases resulting in favorable verdicts or favorable resolutions through mediation or during trial.
She is currently the vice president for the New York City Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). ABOTA is a national organization of experienced trial lawyers and Judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the right to civil jury trials provided by the Seventh Amendment of the Constitution.
Ms. Walters-Hinds has also been named to Super Lawyers, Rising Stars for excellence in practice. She has published best practices articles in the New York Law Journal and New York State Bar Association’s One on One. She has also been a presenter at Continuing Legal Education courses on Trial Advocacy.
- Hofstra University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Boston College, Bachelor of Arts
- State Bar Admissions, Connecticut, New York
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Vice President, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Board Member, Neighborhood Housing Services of East Flatbush
- Member, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
- New York City Trial Lawyers Alliance (NYCTLA), Member
Rate : $$$$