Alecia Whitaker Winfield advises and represents a broad range of employers in industries such as manufacturing, healthcare and retail, among others. She works with in-house counsel and human resources to provide advice and counsel on challenging personnel and policy-related issues, corrective actions, terminations and leaves of absence.
She defends employers in single-plaintiff discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination lawsuits, and wage and hour class actions. As a core member of the firm’s Employment Practices Audits Practice group, Alecia oversees and implements employment practices audits using the firm’s innovative technology product, Audit QB.
She works on audits locally and nationally, which include reviews of wage and hour compliance under the Fair Labor Standards Act, state wage and hour laws, and state and federal overtime exemptions.
Alecia’s extensive experience in employment litigation includes appearances in state and federal courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the U.S. Department of Labor and the Department of Industrial Relations Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 2000
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, John M. Langston Bar Association
- Member, The Ebell of Los Angeles
Rate : $$$