Aleisha Gravit is the chief marketing and business development officer for Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP. Ms. Gravit is responsible for setting the direction for practice group- and industry-driven strategies, public relations, internal communications, brand management, competitive intelligence and market research. In this role, she collaborates with the firm’s lawyers and professional staff to maintain a client focus, increase marketplace awareness and facilitate cross-office and cross-practice collaboration.
Ms. Gravit has more than 18 years of experience in marketing, communications and business development in law firms. She is a graduate of Harvard Law School’s Leadership in Law Firms Executive Education program and is a certified Yellow Belt in Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Gravit was the chief marketing officer for Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. She also spent 11 years with Texaco Exploration and Production Inc. (now Chevron), where she was responsible for the sales and marketing of nonproducing oil and gas assets, and oversaw community involvement outreach for the western region.
- “Getting Your Foot in the Door,” Attorney at Work, 2016
- “Crisis Communications,” Managing Partner Magazine, 2009.
Ms. Gravit is involved with multiple professional, community and civic organizations, including:
- board member, American Liver Foundation, North Texas
- member, Board of Visitors, University of Texas Southwestern University Hospitals and Clinics, 2015-2016
- fellow, College of Law Practice Management; inducted in October 2015
- president (2013); chair, Governance and Nominations Committee (2014); president-elect (2012); immediate past president (2014); member-at-large, Board of Directors (2009 – 2011); co-chair, Governance Committee (2009); and co-chair, Los Angeles Conference Committee (2008) of the International Legal Marketing Association (LMA)
- president of the LMA – Rocky Mountain Chapter (1999).
- third-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Websites – Individual Portions of Website, for Lateral Integration Portal (2015)
- third-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Online Interactive category, for Mobile Tagging (2011)
- platinum winner, MarCom Association for Akin Gump Website Redesign (2013)
- platinum winner, MarCom Association for 2012 Annual Report (2013)
- second-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Electronic Media category, for Akin Gump 2009 Holiday Greeting (2010)
- second-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Promotional and Collateral Materials, for Big Move, Small Footprint Announcement (2009)
- second-place recognition by LMA “Your Honor Awards,” Promotional and Collateral Materials, for Energy Brochure Series (2008).
- M.A., University of Phoenix
- B.A., University of Texas of the Permian Basin
Rate : $$$