Alejandro Canelas Fernandez is member of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Alejandro Canelas Fernandez’s practice focuses on international corporate and financial transactions. Alejandro joined the firm in 2012.
He concentrates on cross-border transactions, principally in Latin America. Alejandro has recently advised on IPOs, restructurings, sovereign debt offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
- Nexa Resources and selling shareholder Votorantim in $496 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Automotores Gildemeister in various transactions, including its $700 million multijurisdictional debt restructuring.
- GrafTech and selling shareholder Brookfield in $525 million initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Grupo Clarín in connection with the acquisition of Nextel Communications Argentina.
- The Province of Chaco, Argentina, in its debut international debt offering.
- Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua in a follow-on equity offering by CEMEX, as well as a bond offering and concurrent liability management transaction.
- Fintech Energy in connection with the corporate reorganization of an Argentine gas distribution and renewable energy company.
- Hoteles City Express in a follow-on equity offering.
- Empresas ICA in a bond offering and concurrent liability management transaction.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2012
- Georgetown University, B.S., 2009
- New York
Rate : $$$