Aleksas A. Barauskas represents business and individual clients in all phases of litigation in state and federal court, including pre-suit case evaluation, motion practice, appeals, and post-judgment collection activity, in disputes involving contracts, negotiable instruments, intellectual property, and tort actions.
He takes a pragmatic approach toward every dispute to efficiently and effectively obtain the best available outcomes while managing risk. He is experienced with suits pertaining to fraud, breach of contract, eviction, tortious interference, defamation, intellectual property, and product liability.
Aleksas also represents financial institutions and other commercial lenders in loan enforcement actions and all areas of commercial litigation, including out-of-court restructurings, receiverships, real and personal property foreclosures, asset sales under the Uniform Commercial Code, and judgment collection activity.
Additionally, Aleksas counsels clients in enforcing their rights in intellectual property and other confidential proprietary information against internet infringers.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2009, cum laude
- B.A., Northwestern University, 2006
Bar Admissions : Florida; Georgia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, Florida Supreme Court
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Light the Night Event Executive Committee, Member
- Guardian Ad Litem, Volunteer
- Chester Bedell Inns of Court, Barrister Member; Past Associate Member
- Fourth Judicial Circuit’s Bench and Bar Professionalism Committee, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Jacksonville Chapter, Member
Rate : $$$$