Alethia Nancoo’s practice focuses on public and project debt finance, with particular emphasis on infrastructure construction, airport, toll road and surface transportation, mixed-use multifamily housing, and water and sewer utility sectors.
Alethia advises various municipalities, public issuers and authorities, nonprofit corporations and investment banking institutions on a wide range of transactions in the US and the Caribbean. She has been involved in all phases of P3 financings, and special and general obligation bond financings.
She is a frequent speaker at national conferences on airport and surface transportation financings and P3 financings in the context of US securities laws and regulations. Alethia also serves on numerous boards and associations and is involved in many economic initiatives targeting low-income communities throughout the District of Columbia.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Greater Washington Area Chapter Women Lawyers Division, National Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Association of Securities Professionals
- Steering Committee, National Association of Bond Lawyer’s Bond Attorney Workshop
- Executive Committee, District of Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
- Former member, Board of Directors
- Former member, Finance Committee
- Former chairperson, Governance Committee
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- University of Maryland, M.Ed.
- University of Maryland, B.A.
Rate : $$$