Alethia N. Nancoo’s practice focuses on public and project debt finance, with particular emphasis on infrastructure construction, airport, toll road and surface transportation, mixed-use multifamily housing, and water and sewer utility sectors.
Alethia advises various municipalities, public issuers and authorities, nonprofit corporations and investment banking institutions on a wide range of transactions in the US and the Caribbean. She has been involved in all phases of P3 financings, and special and general obligation bond financings.
She is a frequent speaker at national conferences on airport and surface transportation financings and P3 financings in the context of US securities laws and regulations. Alethia also serves on numerous boards and associations and is involved in many economic initiatives targeting low-income communities throughout the District of Columbia.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- University of Maryland, M.Ed.
- University of Maryland, B.A.
- District of Columbia, 1998
- Virginia, 1997
Memberships and Affiliations :
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- National Association of Securities Professionals
- Executive Committee, District of Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Advised the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority as bond and disclosure counsel in connection with its capital improvement program for Ronald Reagan Washington Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Advised the City and County of Denver, Colorado, in connection with financings for the Denver International Airport.
- Represented a bidder on the P3 concession agreement for the San Juan Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport in Puerto Rico.
- Advised a consortium on its bid for the proposed 50-year private operating concession of Chicago Midway Airport, including review of the proposed Concession and Lease Agreement offered by the City of Chicago from an aviation regulatory, tax and public finance perspective.
- Advised Miami-Dade County, Florida as bond and disclosure counsel in connection with its capital improvement programs for Miami Dade, including various transit system revenue, water and sewer bond issuances, and bond issuances to support the modernization of Miami International Airport.
- Served as co-bond counsel for the New York Transportation Development Corporation for its US$2.4 billion bond financing for the redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport in New York City. The LaGuardia Airport transaction was structured as a P3 financing and included AMT and taxable series of bonds.
Rate : $$$