After being born in the New York metropolitan area, Alex Wallach grew up outside of Washington, DC where he was greatly influenced by the coverage of the Watergate scandal in the Washington Post.
His interest in politics and law began at that time. He graduated cum laude with a BA in Political Science from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio in 1984. He is a 1987 graduate of the Emory University School of Law.
Alex has practiced the entirety of his career with the firm now known as GEORGE & WALLACH, LLP and has concentrated his practice on representing applicants in Workers’ Compensation and Social Security cases. He was named a Super Lawyer for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
He is a former Chairperson of the WCCL (the Worker’s Compensation Claimant’s Lawyers Section of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association), the long time Chair of their Amicus Curiae Committee and the immediate past President of the Georgia Legal Foundation.
He is married to Marci Rosenberg and has 3 sons, Eric, Andrew and Henry.
- Georgia, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1988
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1990
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1988
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Georgia Legal Foundation, President, 2006 – 2010
- WCCL of GTLA, President, 1993 – 1994
- WCCL of GTLA, Executive Committee Member/Board of Director, 1989 – Present
- WCCL of GTLA, Liason Committee, 2004 – Present
- WCCL of GTLA, Chair of Amicus Committee, 2004 – 2006
- State Bar of Georgia, 1987 – Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 1987 – Present
- Fellow, College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, American Bar Association, Inducted, 2016.
Rate : $$$