R. Alex DuFour has more than a decade of experience structuring and negotiating acquisitions, sales, and financing transactions on behalf of lenders and borrowers. His clients include public and private owners, investors, private equity funds, and developers of all asset types as well as lenders in connection with real estate-secured financing transactions.
Alex is involved in several local and regional real estate industry groups and is an active volunteer in the Montgomery County (Maryland) and Washington, D.C., communities. Alex graduated from Loyola University (Maryland) in 2001 and earned his JD from Catholic University in 2006.
- Represented the lender in three transactions related to the Wharf development, a $2.5 billion redevelopment of the Southwest Waterfront in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a private developer in connection with a $172 million loan secured by an office complex in Montgomery County, Md., leased to the General Services Administration.
- Represented a private developer in connection with the $100 million acquisition of a former auto dealership in Northern Virginia and the $65 million construction loan for the purpose of redevelopment into a mixed-use project consisting of multifamily homes, townhomes, and retail space.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in connection with the $76.5 million refinancing of a medical office in Frederick, Md.
- Representation a private developer in connection with construction financing in the amount of $47 million to build multifamily housing in Prince George’s County, Md.
- Represented a private developer in connection with a $41 million first trust loan from RBS Citizens Financial Group, Inc. and a $5 million second trust loan from Montgomery County, Md., for the development and construction of Class A multifamily project in Wheaton, Md.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in connection with the acquisition of two office buildings in Columbia, Md., for $16 million and the assumption of existing loans.
- Represented a private real estate owner in connection with the recapitalization of a multi-jurisdictional medical office portfolio with a life insurance company.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in connection with a note purchase and subsequent acquisition of a mixed-use facility in Durham, N.C.
- Catholic University – Columbus School of Law , J.D., 2006
- Loyola University Maryland, B.S., 2001
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia; Maryland
Rate : $$$$