Alex Garel-Frantzen loves tackling complex environmental issues. He counsels companies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws; litigates land and water issues; and conducts environmental due diligence to support corporate transactions.
He represents a variety of businesses, including electric power utilities; gas transmission, storage and distribution companies; manufacturers; and commercial goods distribution companies.
Alex listens carefully to his clients’ concerns and then makes them his own, digging into the facts and untangling the web of statutes, regulations, cases, and policies. Alex then provides clear, actionable advice to help his clients achieve their goals.
- Represents electric and natural gas utility in CERCLA action brought by the United States to recover costs associated with cleanup of redeveloped property.
- Represents electric and natural gas utility in connection with Remedial Design at major Superfund site in New York City.
- Advises electric power utility in third-party appeal of state-issued water permit.
- Counsels companies to ensure everyday compliance with various laws, ranging from the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and RCRA to California’s Proposition 65 and local environmental and zoning ordinances.
- Obtained dismissal of third-party challenge to Clean Water Act Section 401 Water Quality Certification issued to client, an electric and natural gas distribution company, as part of its transmission line construction project.
- Conducted environmental due diligence to assess and minimize environmental risk associated with client’s proposed acquisition of lubricant business and steel production company.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of Illinois, B.A., History, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$