Alex Gonzales practices in the areas of corporate and insurance regulatory law. For more than 30 years, Mr. Gonzales has represented insurance companies and other financial institutions in regulatory matters, including mergers and acquisitions; company formation and licensing; administrative and compliance proceedings in insurance, antitrust, market conduct, DTPA, and rate matters, as well as representation in legislative matters involving the creation and implementation of legislative and regulatory strategies.
Mr. Gonzales’ client base includes many of the nation’s top insurance companies and financial institutions. He has represented insurers and acquiring parties in acquisitions and other corporate regulatory matters before insurance departments in Texas, New York, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Michigan and Arizona.
Mr. Gonzales is a former Associate Commissioner of Insurance at the Texas Department of Insurance, and he was Acting Commissioner in 1990. While at the department, he developed the concept for and drafted the initial legislation for the Insurance Fraud Bureau.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Gonzales served as a trial attorney and command staff judge advocate in the U.S. Navy, Judge Advocate General’s Corps. He is board certified in administrative law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of California, Berkeley, M.B.A., 1987
- St. Edward’s University, B.A., 1980
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Board Certified in Administrative Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 1995-present
- Council, Administrative Law Section, 1997-2000
- Member, State Bar Insurance Trust, 1998-2001
- Austin Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
Rate : $$$