Alex Hemmer is a senior associate representing clients in complex government-facing litigation, investigations and regulatory matters. He has drafted briefs and dispositive motions in matters before federal district courts, courts of appeals and the Supreme Court and has argued before the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He maintains an active pro bono practice, particularly in the area of immigration law.
Mr. Hemmer rejoined the firm in 2018 following clerkships with the Honorable Sonia Sotomayor of the Supreme Court of the United States, the Honorable Randolph D. Moss of the US District Court for the District of Columbia and the Honorable William A. Fletcher of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
While in law school, Mr. Hemmer served as Articles Editor of The Yale Law Journal, as a Coker Teaching Fellow in Constitutional Law and as a member of the Worker & Immigrant Rights Advocacy Clinic. He previously worked as a consultant at McKinsey & Company.
- JD, Yale Law School, 2014
- BA, Ethics, Yale College, 2008
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Maryland
- The Hon. Sonia Sotomayor, US Supreme Court, 2016 – 2017
- The Hon. Randolph D. Moss, US District Court for the District of Columbia, 2015 – 2016
- The Hon. William A. Fletcher, US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2014 – 2015
Rate : $$$$