K.B. Alex Nguyen concentrates his practice in product liability matters with an emphasis on science, health, and biotechnology issues. Before joining Shook, he served as a clerk to The Honorable Lavenski R. Smith, Chief Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
During law school, Alex completed clerkships and internships with three Arkansas law firms as well as the Consumer Protection Department of the Arkansas Attorney General’s Office in Little Rock. He also developed his litigation skills first by competing in the ABA NAAC National Moot Court as a brief writer and subsequently as an assistant coach to the national moot court teams.
Alex served as a student attorney in the criminal practice clinic where he worked with indigent clients on misdemeanor and felony matters. He speaks fluent Vietnamese, and served as a court interpreter and translator for Arkansas district and circuit courts, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas, the Arkansas Department of Human Services and the Arkansas Public Defender’s Commission.
Alex received a Ph.D. in immunology and medical science from Brown University, and was awarded the Joukowsky Family Foundation award for Outstanding Dissertation in the Biological Sciences.
He then received the Irvington Institute of Immunology Postdoctoral Fellowship, and completed fellowships at Columbia Medical School, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law
- Ph.D., Brown University (Immunology and Medical Science)
- Sc.B., cum honoris, Brown University (Microbiology and Immunology)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Fort Smith Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee, Former Member
- Arkansas Vietnamese Association, Former Member
- Clerk for The Hon. Lavenski R. Smith, Chief Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Rate : $$$$