Alex R. Velinsky is an experienced finance lawyer who has represented borrowers and lenders on a wide variety of structured finance transactions. His particular focus is on financings involving residential and commercial mortgage loans and related assets.
As a partner on the structured finance and securitization team, Alex works on an array of transactions for borrowers, lenders and servicers in structured finance transactions, warehouse financings, sales and acquisitions of servicing platforms and mortgage servicing rights, and issuances of term notes and variable funding notes.
Alex routinely represents hedge funds, investment banks and other financial institutions in structuring and negotiating transactions involving residential and commercial mortgage loans, RMBS, CMBS, servicing advances and servicing rights.
Alex was initially trained as a bankruptcy lawyer and represented clients in a wide range of restructuring matters, both in and outside of bankruptcy, including in all aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings and distressed mergers and acquisitions.
Earlier this year, Alex was inducted a member of the inaugural class of the North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society in recognition of his pro bono legal contribution to the state of North Carolina in 2016. Prior to moving to Charlotte, Alex was resident in the firm’s New York office.
- Develop form repurchase agreements for money-center banks in roll-out of warehouse lending programs.
- Closed multiple repurchase facilities involving performing and distressed mortgage loans and RMBS.
- Represents sellers and buyers of prime, alt-a, subprime and scratch and dent mortgage loans and servicing rights.
- JD, Columbia Law School, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2009
- BA, Princeton University, 2005
- New York
- North Carolina
Rate : $$$$