Alexa J. Laborda Nelson dedicates her practice to employment litigation and counseling. Alexa has represented employers in a wide range of matters, including :
- Claims of whistleblower retaliation under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act, and the Pennsylvania Whistleblower Law
- Employment discrimination and retaliation under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and their state counterparts
- Wage and hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Litigation of trade secret and non-compete matters
Alexa advises clients on personnel decisions, accommodation requests, leaves of absence, harassment claims, and other legal compliance issues. Prior to joining Littler, Alexa worked as an associate at a large law firm in Philadelphia where she represented businesses in both state and federal court. She also was a judicial law clerk for the Hon. Ronald E. Bookbinder, A.J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County Vicinage, Law Division.
During law school, Alexa was a legal intern for the compliance and employee relations team of a large Philadelphia based corporation. There, she worked with in-house counsel and employee relations to address the company’s employee issues and create nationwide employee training. Alexa also interned for the Hon. Renee Cardwell-Hughes in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
Before pursuing her law degree, Alexa worked for her undergraduate alma mater in Bologna, Italy, and subsequently as a paralegal at a large law firm in Philadelphia where she assisted with management-side employment litigation and immigration matters.
- J.D., Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Dickinson College, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
Rate : $$$