Alexander Elsberg began his career at Fragomen in June 2000 as the firm’s on-site legal representative at a major international bank, where he provided advice and counsel to several hundred employees on nonimmigrant and immigrant visa matters.
He currently represents a wide variety of corporate clients in various industries, including e-commerce, financial services, information technology consulting, manufacturing, transportation and logistics.
He provides advice and counsel on all aspects of U.S. corporate immigration law and procedure, including temporary employment authorization, employment-based permanent resident status, U.S. citizenship, I-9 compliance, and effects of corporate reorganization.
He also regularly counsels clients on preparing and revising internal immigration policies and procedures.
Alex represents individuals in the greater Chicago community with U visa and asylum applications with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). He assists local immigrant youth with applying for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and participates in naturalization workshops conducted by local area organizations to provide assistance and counseling to Chicago residents regarding eligibility for U.S. citizenship.
- Represented a global apparel and consumer goods company in a spin-off, advising the company as to the immigration aspects of the transaction.
- Helped conduct audits for several large corporate clients, encompassing I-9 verification and other compliance and recordkeeping procedures.
- Case Western Reserve School of Law | J.D., 1996, Cum laude
- Vassar College | B.A., 1992
Bar Admissions: Illinois, Ohio
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$