Alexander Koskey represents individuals, businesses and financial institutions on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues, real estate and commercial matters. Mr. Koskey counsels clients in business and real estate matters.
He advises clients on financial regulatory and compliance issues, and represents them in state and federal courts throughout the country. Mr. Koskey also has significant experience in representing and counseling clients on contract disputes, real estate title litigation, commercial matters, mortgage servicing and financing issues, and real estate transactions.
Mr. Koskey assists in handling issues and investigations presented by State Attorney Generals, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Department of Justice. He also counsels clients regarding federal consumer protection and privacy laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, J.D., 2007
- Samford University, Brook School of Business, B.S., 2004
- Florida, 2007
- Alabama, 2009
- Georgia, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of mortgage servicer in complex litigation alleging fraud and violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Defended consumer data furnisher and obtained dismissal of claims for purported violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of national bank against claims of identity theft and violations of Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of adversarial claims filed against national mortgage servicer in bankruptcy court.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – State Bar of Florida
- Member – State Bar of Alabama
- Member – State Bar of Georgia
- Member – International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/US)
Rate : $$$$