Alexander J. Gershen represents financial institutions in actions involving consumer lending, credit reporting, debt collection, and unfair business practices litigation. Alexander also counsels financial services companies, with a special focus on Fintech companies, on legal and regulatory compliance matters related to consumer financial services and other financial products.
He regularly advises companies on the legal and regulatory developments impacting consumer lending, credit reporting, debt collection, payment processing, and real estate and automobile lending laws.
In addition to his litigation experience, Alexander has experience representing clients in real estate and syndicated credit transactions. His experiences include representing equipment manufacturers in project development and financing transactions for alternative energy technologies.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Alexander assisted in-house counsel at a professional sports organization in San Francisco, gaining a broad range of transactional and compliance experience. Before law school, Alexander worked for a U.S. Senator in Washington, D.C. and served as anchor and producer of a college sports television show.
- Negotiated numerous favorable settlements while representing financial institutions in individual actions involving mortgage-banking litigation.
- Advised financial services client on lending product and drafted subsequent retail installment contracts.
- Represented lender in connection with the $260.5 million amended and restated credit facility for a multinational transportation company.
- Represented wind turbine manufacturer in numerous wind turbine sales, warranty, service, and construction contracts.
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD, 2013
- Boston University, BS, Business Administration, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rate : $$$$