Alexander Guney’s practice centers on product liability litigation, though he has experience in a variety of client needs such as consumer class action, Americans with Disabilities Act compliance, public works construction issues and insurance coverage.
Before joining Shook, Alex worked as an associate attorney for Troutman Sanders as well as Sedgwick, where he focused his skills and practice in areas such as class action, antitrust and unfair competition, construction and product liability.
Alex also served as a judicial extern to Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye, where he analyzed petitions for review and drafted research memoranda on emerging legal issues.
Alex graduated from law school from the University of San Francisco magna cum laude in 2015, where he received academic honors, a merit scholarship in addition to the CALI Award for Intellectual Property and Legal Research and Writing.
Alex also served as the managing editor for the USF Law Review and case counsel for the USF Moot Court program.
Alex spends his time doing pro bono work for the Asian Pacific Islander Outreach program and is a member of the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (BALIF). Outside the office, he is an avid tennis player and runner.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of San Francisco, 2015
- McAuliffe Honor Society, Academic Honors and Merit Scholarship Recipient
- CALI Award Recipient for Intellectual Property and Legal Research and Writing (Spring 2013)
- The University of San Francisco Law Review, Managing Editor, Volume 49
- B.A., Georgetown College, 2008 (Philosophy)
- The Georgetown Voice, Writer
- Georgetown Track and Cross Country Team, Student-Athlete
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Rate : $$$