Alexander Nemiroff has over 20 years of experience in all areas of labor and employment law. He is a partner in the Philadelphia office and a member of the firm’s Employment Law, Labor, Unfair Competition, Commercial Litigation and International practice groups.
He litigates a wide variety of cases before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, including employment discrimination, workplace technology law, wrongful discharge, wage and hour law, and other matters.
He has extensive experience in cases involving non-compete issues, trade secrets, tortious interference, and related claims.
Mr. Nemiroff has represented clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and state administrative agencies throughout the country.
He has defended employers in unfair labor practice and representation proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and in labor arbitrations involving discharge, discipline, and contract interpretation.
He has also prosecuted and defended arbitration actions before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Additionally, he has counseled clients on compliance with all aspects of labor and employment law, including compliance with state and federal leave laws, management of the labor and employment aspects of due diligence on numerous acquisitions, reviewing and drafting employee handbooks, workplace trainings, hiring and termination issues, wage payment issues, security and management of data, privacy, trade secrets and restrictive covenants.
Mr. Nemiroff is a frequent lecturer on various employment and litigation topics, speaking to a wide range of organizations, such as the Association of Corporate Counsel, the American Conference Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Philadelphia and Suburban Healthcare Human Resources Association, the Institute of Internal Auditors, Tri-State HRMA, a division of SHRM, Lorman Education Services, the Maryland State Bar Association, the Camden County Bar Association, and the Montgomery County Bar Association. He has also written several published articles related to employment issues.
- Lead counsel in numerous federal and state court employment discrimination cases, including successful representation through trial and appeals
- Routinely defends companies against employment-related charges and claims before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state agencies throughout the country
- Represents companies regarding employee issues, litigation avoidance, and implementing policies that are in conformance with various federal, state, and local employment laws
- Manages the labor and employment aspects of due diligence on numerous acquisitions
- Provides counseling on the creation of social medial policies and training management personnel who utilize social media platforms
- Lead counsel in non-competition matters including obtaining temporary and preliminary injunctive relief and damages
- Lead counsel in breach of duty of loyalty, breach of contract, defamation, and trade secrets act cases
- Extensive experience in representing companies in complex commercial matters.
- Experience in the financial services industry includes lead counsel in an action brought against the longest running Ponzi scheme in American history.
- Litigated dozens of arbitration actions throughout the country before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1998
- B.A., magna cum laude, Brandeis University, 1995
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second and Third Circuits
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Tri-State HRMA, a division of SHRM
- Former Chairman, South Jersey Advisory Board of Biz Buzz, an online membership community
- Served on the Board of the Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE)
- Former Co-Chair, Montgomery County Bar Association, Employment Law Section
Rate : $$$$