Alexander Williams is an associate in the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group in the Houston office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on energy finance and commodity trading.
Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Alex represented domestic and global companies, underwriters, insurers, and protection and indemnity clubs in maritime commercial and personal injury litigation from inception through conclusion.
He also advised domestic and international clients about transactional matters related to business organization, operation, formation, tax, regulatory compliance, and acquisitions, as well as sales, supply, service, and carriage agreements.
Alex spent the formative years of his childhood in the Republic of Singapore and the People’s Republic of China. He has also worked in Germany for a multi-national shipping company in its in-house legal department.
This time overseas provided him with a unique opportunity to gain valuable commercial experience and to foster an understanding of the complex issues that are present in law and business on a global scale. As a result, Alex understands that the practice of law is, at its core, a service industry, centered around people and companies seeking practical, effective, and results-oriented advice.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, 2014, cum laude; Publications Editor, Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law
- B.A., Purdue University, 2008
- Texas, 2018
- Louisiana, 2014
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
Rate : $$$