Alexandra C. Jashinsky works to understand the business perspective underlying a legal issue when collaborating with clients to find creative solutions to real estate deals. She counsels buyers, sellers, developers, tenants and landlords on all aspects of their projects.
Involved in clients’ real estate matters from start to finish, Alex often provides intensive due diligence before a property is acquired and later counsels clients on acquisition, construction, financing, development and leasing of raw land and multifamily projects. Clients turn to Alex for her extensive experience in these matters.
Alex has a unique background in structuring and negotiating healthcare-related leases and helps clients navigate the complexities of healthcare regulations that impact medical office leasing.
She also has experience negotiating development deals for ground-up construction of medical office buildings, ambulatory surgery centers and senior housing developments, which involves consideration of various state licensing requirements, Fair Housing Act regulations and life safety codes that uniquely impact those developments.
Alex works closely with Husch Blackwell’s healthcare regulatory attorneys to coordinate the interaction of these regulations with the real estate component of the deal. Alex handles various land use and zoning matters in Austin, Texas, giving her insight into the complexities of the development process in this city.
Alex also has experience advising developers of wind energy and solar projects on every aspect of the real estate component of those transactions, as well as negotiating tax incentive agreements under Chapter 312 and Chapter 313 of the Texas tax code for renewable energy projects.
- Represents real estate investment companies in connection with purchase and sale of existing multifamily assets across Texas, as well as in Louisiana, Florida and New Mexico (in coordination with local counsel).
- Represents real estate developers in connection with acquisition and development of properties in Texas, including negotiating purchase and sale agreements, conducting due diligence reviews, negotiating and drafting development agreements, negotiating financing documents and coordinating closing matters.
- Represented Union Pacific in connection with acquisition of land for their 1,875-acre Brazos Rail Yard project in Texas.
- Represented real estate holding company in connection with sale of 500+ room hotel in Dallas Metro area.
- Represented real estate developer with respect to negotiation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loans for acquisition of several multifamily properties.
- Represented medical group with respect to renegotiation of their existing lease to accommodate new ambulatory surgery center and assisted with negotiation of related loan and construction documents.
- Advised renewable energy developer with respect to real estate matters in connection with simultaneous acquisition of three existing wind power projects and repower financing for those projects.
- Represented large national professional services and investment management company in connection with negotiating 17,500 square-foot office lease in Austin, Texas.
- Represented several property owners with respect to analyzing zoning and development restrictions on their Austin, Texas properties.
Alex provides pro bono legal services to the Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law. The clinic provides legal services to small businesses and affordable housing developers in Austin on a variety of legal issues, including the choice of entity, formation of nonprofit entities, assistance in obtaining federal tax-exempt status and related real estate matters.
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- B.A., San Diego State University
Admissions : Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Austin Bar Association, Board of Directors and Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Chair
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Austin, UCREW college outreach program
- Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA)
Rate : $$$