Alexis C. Knapp is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®). She represents employers in all areas of labor and employment law and appears in state and federal courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
She handles litigation against both private and governmental plaintiffs and has specific experience with matters arising under : Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act, The Americans with Disabilities Act.
Alexis provides training and speaks frequently on a variety of topics for employer and industry groups. Before beginning her legal career, Alexis served as an associate dean of the College of Business and Economics and assistant professor of management at Houston Baptist University, where she taught courses in human resources and employment law at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
She has continued as a member of the adjunct faculty and has taught graduate classes in employment law. Previously, Alexis was a human resources professional in the public sector, where her focus was employee benefits, organizational policies and procedures and training.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2007
- M.S., Houston Baptist University, 2000
- B.S., Texas A&M University, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Society for Human Resources Managment (SHRM)
- Member, Human Resource Management Association (HR Houston)
Rate : $$$$