Alexis P. Joachim practices in the area of insurance and reinsurance. She counsels insurers on third-party liability and first-party insurance coverage and litigation issues, including construction defect, automobile, professional liability, property loss and pollution claims, as well as issues of multi-year trigger, additional insureds, contractual indemnity and claims between insurers.
Prior to re-joining Phelps Dunbar, Ms. Joachim practiced law in Washington, D.C. for five years where she counseled insurers on healthcare, toxic tort and environmental coverage and litigation disputes.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- J.D., 2007; Law Excellence Award in Obligations and Business Administration; Member, Loyola Journal of Public Interest and Loyola Maritime Law Journal; Order of the Barristers, Moot Court Board
- Louisiana State University
- B.A., magna cum laude, in Mass Communications, 2004
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- Assistant Bar Examiner, appointed by the Louisiana Supreme Court
- Louisiana Director, Military Spouse JD Network
- Coverage counsel for various general liability insurers in direct action suits filed by third-party claimants against insureds and their insurers.
- Represented insurers in a London arbitration regarding indemnity sought by an insured with respect to the cost of remediating damage from an oil spill.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer against claim for contribution by other insurer (U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama).
Rate : $$$