Alfred O. Rose recently stepped down as co-chair of the firm’s private equity transactions practice group and has been a partner with the firm since 1991. Al focuses his practice on leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions and going private transactions and has represented leading private equity sponsors in some of the most noteworthy deals in recent years.
Al regularly works with private equity sponsors such as Bain Capital, TPG Capital and Silver Lake Partners. In 2005, The American Lawyer featured Al as one of its “Dealmakers of the Year”.
- JD, Yale Law School, 1982
- BA, summa cum laude, Dartmouth College, 1979; Phi Beta Kappa
- New York, 2014
- Massachusetts, 1984
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Pierre N. Leval, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (1982 – 1983)
- Represented Silver Lake in its $4.5 billion acquisition, along with Thoma Bravo, of SolarWinds.
- Represented TPG Capital in its $3.5 billion acquisition, along with Leonard Green & Partners, of education software provider Ellucian.
- Represented TPG Capital in its $3 billion acquisition, along with Leonard Green & Partners, of clothing retailer J. Crew Group, Inc.
- Represented TPG Capital and the CPP Investment Board in their $5.2 billion acquisition of IMS Health Inc., the largest LBO in 2009 (according to Bloomberg).
- Represented Bain Capital in its $2.15 billion stalking horse bid to purchase Neuberger Berman from the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estate.
- Represented Silver Lake and TPG in their $8.0 billion acquisition of Avaya.
Rate : $$$