Alfredo M. Hopgood-Jovet is attorney of McConnell Valdés LLC. His practice is focused on labor and employment law, including counseling and litigation in areas such as employment discrimination, disability and accommodation, workers’ compensation and other leaves of absences, wage and hour matters, mergers and acquisitions, individual rights, labor arbitration and employment termination.
Mr. Hopgood is ranked as one of Puerto Rico’s Leading Attorneys in the Labor & Employment field by the renowned international publication Chambers & Partners in its Latin America Guide. He is also ranked in the Labor & Employment Law field of The Best Lawyers in Puerto Rico guide.
He has been a guest speaker for the Society for Human Resources Management, the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association, the Puerto Rico Chamber of Commerce, the Colegio de Contadores, the Association for the Human Resources Professionals of Credit Unions (APREHCO), the University of Puerto Rico School of Law, the Labor Law Congress of the Interamerican University School of Law, the National Business Institute, the international organization Ius Laboris, the Comité de Patronos, and for numerous clients and companies.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Bachelor’s Degree, University of Puerto Rico
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Association of Labor Relations Practitioners
Rate : $$$