Ali R. Alemozafar is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he focuses on strategic intellectual property counseling in a wide range of technical fields, including diagnostics, tools, genomics, digital health, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, materials and various engineering fields.
His expertise includes patent strategy, patent prosecution, and patent diligence—including freedom-to-operate analyses—for financings, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings. Ali has prepared and prosecuted patent applications in the United States and other jurisdictions, including Europe, China, and Japan.
He provides legal counseling to companies at various stages of growth, from pre-financing start-ups to public companies. Prior to joining the firm, Ali worked on data warehousing, business intelligence, and enterprise data integration.
He frequently lectures at the UC Berkeley School of Law and UC Hastings College of the Law on various intellectual property topics, including patent strategy and IP due diligence.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Stanford University
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Cornell University
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$