Ali Ramezanzadeh joined Fragomen in 2014 as an Associate in the firm’s Santa Clara office. His practice focuses on providing strategic counseling for employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visa matters.
Ali advises start-ups, entrepreneurs and emerging companies on work visas, permanent residency, immigration issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, and government compliance issues.
He currently supports clients in a variety of industries, including agriculture, electric and self-driving automotive, biotechnology, data storage, healthcare, semiconductor, solar, artificial intelligence, and machine learning technologies.
From 2014 to 2017, Ali worked with Fragomen’s I-9 Service Center, a dynamic group dedicated to providing electronic Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance services. Ali also provided counsel to clients on the series of complex transactions that expose companies to risk and liability in their compliance programs.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Ali served as congressional aide and counsel to U.S. Representative Zoe Lofgren on immigration issues in the congressional district.
In this role, Ali acted as a liaison for constituents and local organizations with federal agencies including USCIS, the State Department, the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the U.S. Passport Agency.
In addition, Ali worked with House Judiciary/Immigration Subcommittee counsel on drafting legislation and policy concerns.
Ali has provided a range of pro bono services, including assistance to an undocumented individual with defending a false claim to U.S. citizenship, and an unaccompanied alien child (UAC) with a political asylum petition.
Ali speaks English, Farsi, French and Spanish.
- Worked with refugee clients from Iran and Afghanistan in their UNHCR appeals as a legal fellow at the Helsinki Citizens Assembly in Istanbul, Turkey, during law school
- Worked extensively with victims of domestic violence and human trafficking at the Katherine and George Alexander Community Law Center in San Jose, California
- Santa Clara University School of Law | J.D., 2011
- University of California, Davis | B.A., 2007, Davis Honors challenge
- Instiut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po) | International Program Diploma, 2007, honorable mention for French language skills
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, Iranian American Bar Association (IABA)
Rate : $$$