Alice Ahn is a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office practicing patent litigation. Graduating from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), and going on to receive a masters in Computer Science at Georgia Institute of Technology, Ms. Ahn has a strong background in computer software and electronics.
Before attending law school, Ms. Ahn worked as an instructor at Georgia Institute of Technology. Her experience includes patent prosecution, U.S. district court patent litigation, and patent litigation before the International Trade Commission (ITC) involving computer software, electronics, telecommunications, and semiconductor technologies.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S., 2006
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, B.S., 2003
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Representative Matters :
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman litigation relating to a drug for asthma.
- Represented a major manufacturer of consumer electronic devices in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania involving organic LED technologies.
- 911 Notify LLC v. Hyundai Motor America, Inc. (1:13-cv-00275-LPS, D. Del.). Represented defendant in a patent infringement case relating to wireless communication system for emergency services.
- Represented a major manufacturer of consumer electronic devices in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts involving LED technologies.
- Represented a large consumer electronics company in a patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas against Lodsys relating to patents involving networked devices.
- Assisted various software, internet, media, and telecommunication companies in patent prosecution matters.
- Represented Samsung Electronics in the Eastern District of Texas in a patent infringement suit relating to patents involving smartphone technology.
Pro Bono :
- Assisted an individual inventor in obtaining a patent pertaining to use of eye movements to communicate.
- Represented a pro bono client in a breach of contract action in the Circuit Court for Prince George’s County.
- Provided advice to a nonprofit organization on compliance with federal and local statutes and regulations.
- Represented inmate in parole hearing before the U.S. Parole Commission.
Rate : $$$$