Alice Loughran is a partner in Steptoe’s Washington office, where she is a member of the Litigation and Regulatory & Industry Affairs Departments.Prior to joining Steptoe, Alice participated in the Attorney General’s Honors Program and became a trial attorney in the civil division of the US Department of Justice.
She appeared in seven of the federal circuits and handled more than 30 appellate arguments. She also appeared in numerous district courts across the country and acted as lead defense counsel in two class actions.
Since joining the firm, Alice has been active in appellate and district court litigation. She has worked on two petitions for a writ of certiorari, three merits briefs, six amicus briefs, and an emergency stay motion in the US Supreme Court. In addition, she has worked on several briefs in the federal circuit courts (DC, First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits) and state supreme courts (Kansas, Texas, West Virginia, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska).
She has represented clients in federal and state courts on a wide variety of issues including federal preemption, intellectual property, punitive damages, and taxation of intellectual property developed overseas.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- J.D., John Marshall Law School, 1995, cum laude; Editor, John Marshall Law Review; Order of John Marshall Honorary Scholarship Society
- B.A., DePauw University, 1988, History
Rate : $$$