Alice Snedeker practices in the area of intellectual property law and counseling, with a focus on patent litigation. Ms. Snedeker represents several well-known technology companies in complex patent litigation involving technologies such as fiber optics communications, video imaging and conferencing, cable television technology, telecommunications and computer hardware and software applications, and consumer technology accessories.
She provides technical and legal analysis, works with experts and witnesses, takes and defends depositions, prepares and argues motions, manages discovery, and prepares pretrial documents. Ms. Snedeker also represents clients in complex commercial litigation, including matters related to trade secrets, defamation, restrictive covenants, products liability, breach of contract, fraud, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Ms. Snedeker regularly provides pro bono assistance to veterans, immigration, and community-based organizations with a variety of legal services, such as drafting life planning documents and petitions, assistance with landlord-tenant disputes, assistance with petitions for asylum, and challenges to state regulations limiting women’s rights.
- Successfully represented consumer technology company in design patent litigation, securing the grant of a summary judgment and dismissal of suit before claim construction.
- Representing medical transcription software company in a patent infringement suit filed against a speech software company involving five patents related to speech recognition and transcription technology.
- Represented consumer technology company in a patent infringement matter relating to a protector for portable electronic device and method for manufacturing the same.
- Represented software company in obtaining a Fed. R. Civ. P. 68 Offer of Judgement against IT company and software vendor in a breach of contract filed in federal district court.
- Obtained a stay of removal for an Eritrean refugee while the 11th Circuit considers his petition for review.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2009
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$$