Alice Hsu’s practice focuses on capital markets and corporate governance matters, with particular expertise in the energy and financial services industries. She advises boards of directors, issuers, underwriters and investors in a broad range of transactions, including:
- Public offerings
- Private placements of equity and debt securities
- Public mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate matters
- Structuring and investing in special-purpose acquisition companies (SPACs).
In addition, Alice provides strategic advice on a myriad of securities regulation, corporate governance and other general corporate matters. She regularly counsels companies regarding Securities and Exchange Commission reporting and disclosure issues, stockholder meetings, proxy statements and proxy mechanics. Her work extends to advising public companies with respect to defensive review matters, including implementation of shareholders rights plans and related issues.
- Advises on equity and debt offerings, securities regulation and corporate governance.
- Counsels boards of directors, investors, underwriters, emerging growth and seasoned public companies.
- Advised issuers in connection with cash tender offers of more than $1.5 billion of notes.
- Represented conduit borrowers in the issuance, refunding and remarketing of more than $2 billion of pollution control and other tax-exempt debt, including auction rate securities and variable rate demand bonds.
- Counseled borrowers in connection with the refinancing and restructuring of more than $3 billion of syndicated bank facilities.
- Advised a public utility company in a public merger valued at approximately $8.5 billion.
- Represented the lessee and parent guarantor of more than $1 billion of 144A pass-through trust certificates relating to the financing of the sale and leaseback of a coal-fired power plant.
- Represents issuers, investors and underwriters in connection with initial public offerings, including SPACs, follow-on primary and secondary offerings and block trades.
- Advised issuers and investors in both public and private offerings of more than $6 billion in secured and unsecured long-term debt securities.
- Advised WMIH Corp. in its completed $3.8 billion acquisition of Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc.
- Advised Blackstone Alternative Asset Management in its investment in One Madison Corp., a North American consumer-focused SPAC, in connection with its IPO.
- Counseled companies concerning net operating loss charter restriction and 382 rights plans.
- Member, Board of Directors, Loyola Law School.
- Member, Next Generation Advisory Board, Minority Corporate Counsel Association.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1999
- B.A., Wellesley College, 1996
- New York
Rate : $$$$